We’re excited for our second #ServeMKE Volunteer Spotlight: David Thimmesch. Always there for you when you need a direct quote for what Gonorrhea would say in a tweet. (Photo by another #ServeMKE volunteer, Anthony Giacomino).
1. What are your main responsibilities as a Copywriter for BVK?
“Contrary to popular belief, I don’t work for the U.S. Copyright Office. Instead, I write pretty much everything read or spoken in advertising. That includes radio, billboards, print, emails, brochures, business cards, bumper stickers and even the occasional tweet.”
2. How many years have you been a volunteer for Serve?
“I’ve been volunteering for Serve as long as I’ve been working at BVK. So nearly two years.”
3. What has been your favorite project to work on as a volunteer with Serve?
“That would have to be “The Birds, the Bees and the STD’s.” Whenever I tell someone what I’m working on, they always laugh.”
4. What’s the strangest thing you’ve been asked to create for a Serve campaign?
“If Chlamydia could talk, what would it say?”
5. What do you like most about volunteering with Serve?
“I like the way Serve uses advertising to make a positive impact on people’s lives. That’s why I got into this industry.”
6. What is your favorite charity/cause in Milwaukee?
“There are some great causes in Milwaukee, but there’s a new one that’s really touched my heart. It’s called Royal Family Kids. While they’re not exclusive to Milwaukee, they send foster kids between the ages of 6 and 12 on a life changing Christian Summer Camp experience that makes them feel valued and loved.”